Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Alt Road Wines.
We would like you to read our Website Terms carefully to ensure that you are fully aware of your rights when purchasing items (Items) via the Alt Road Wines website (our Website).
Your order signifies your agreement to be bound by these Website Terms, which constitute the agreement between Alt Road Wines (we, us, our, or Alt Road Wines) and you.
You represent and warrant to Alt Road Wines that you are 18 years or older in age as you must be of this age to order Items via our Website.
You must provide complete and accurate details at the time of making your purchase. You may be required to provide additional details upon our request to ensure the accuracy of your order.
You must enter the correct delivery address and delivery instructions at the time of placing your order. If you enter an incorrect address, Alt Road Wines is not obliged to re-send the order to the correct address at our own expense. If you submit your order and then realise that you have entered an incorrect delivery address or delivery instructions, please email us immediately.
All prices quoted on the Website or pursuant to your enquiry with us are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include GST.
We reserve the right to vary the prices displayed on the Website from time to time and without notice to you.
Our prices do not include insurance or any secondary attempts to deliver Items to you.
Alt Road Wines accepts credit card payments via Stripe and WooCommerce.
After you make payment for your order, you will receive a transaction confirmation email, which confirms receipt of your order.
In the event that Alt Road Wines does not receive cleared funds within 48 hours of you submitting your order, we will email you at the email address nominated in your order to communicate with you about your payment.
We recognise that protection and safety of information relating to your credit card is very important. Therefore, we provide you with a very safe and stress-free online shopping experience.
Processing of orders
We process purchases on business days, which are Monday to Friday and exclude public holidays in Victoria. If you submit an order for Items via our website on a non-business day, we will process your order on the next business day.
Items will usually be shipped within two (2) business days. We will contact you if your Item/s will be shipped outside of this timeframe.
We will provide you with a tracking number once we have shipped your order to you.
Shipping will be via Australia Post.
The above delivery service includes tracking and limited liability cover up to $1,500.
We do not ship to post office boxes.
Please email us if you are located outside of Australia and you would like to place an order for Items.
In the event that we ship to any location outside of Australia, then:
- you may be required to pay sales tax, duty and/or customs charges; and
- all taxes and customs charges will be your responsibility and are not included in the cost of the order or shipping charge. Taxes and customs charges vary depending on the Country and State of your shipping address. We suggest contacting your local customs office if you are unsure of the applicable taxes and customs fees that may be relevant to you. Alt Road Wines is not responsible for any additional taxes and customs charges that are requested or charged during the shipment of your order.
We cannot guarantee delivery times. However, you should receive your delivery within the following timeframes:
- Metropolitan areas – between 3 and 4 business days; and
- Regional areas – between 4 and 7 business days.
However, there may be times where shipping will take a little longer. We will notify you if this is to be the case. If you have not received ordered Items within our designated timeframes, please email us your full name and order number and we will investigate on your behalf.
Cancellation of orders
Alt Road Wines may cancel your order if for any reason we are unable to provide you with the Items subject to your order. We will contact you should this occur.
You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek compensation for any loss, expense or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience, which may result from such cancellation.
Items missing from an order
Should any Item be missing from an order, please email us with the order number and the Item code or description of the Item you ordered, and we will make the appropriate investigations.
Return of items
If for any reason you feel the quality of the wines is not up to standard, we ask that you do these following steps to enable a refund:
- Notify us within 30 days of your delivery that you will like a refund. Any feedback during this time would be appreciated.
- We’ll send you a return shipping label and you can book in a pick up address and time that suits you.
- Upon inspection of the goods returned, if they are in the same condition as to how they were sent*, we will issue a refund to you.
* ‘Same condition to how they were sent’ simply means – no damaged labels, wine must have been stored in appropriate temperature conditions (not in a freezer or in direct sunlight or in damp conditions). The shipment is to be sent back in the original box and include the empty bottle of wine you have consumed to ensure the package is shipped safely.
If you are purchasing a vintage for the second time after using your good times guarantee previously on the same vintage, this guarantee will no longer be applicable.
This Return Policy is applicable to the quality. If you are unsure if you will like the wine, please email or message us and we will be more than happy to help. Unfortunately, the Return Policy does not apply to change of mind or dislike due to personal taste.
If for some reason the wine was delivered to you damaged, simply take a photo of the stock and we will send a replacement.
By agreeing to these Website Terms, you also consent to receive further electronic communications from us in relation to the Alt Road Wines business, including information relating to items, competitions, promotions, special offers and any other commercial message. Of course, you may contact us at any time to unsubscribe.
The laws of Victoria govern these Website Terms.
Please email us if you have any questions about our Website Terms.